Saturday, September 20, 2008

Did someone say Mothman? No? Oh, my bad.

Is it that time again? Has it been a year already?

It just wouldn't be September without the annual Mothman Festival, but I'm sure I don't have to tell you. You no doubt visited Point Pleasant, West Virginia yourself to drink Mothman lattes, eat Mothman Pancakes and sing Mothman songs (ok, I didn't hear any songs).

Maybe you dressed like one of the Men in Black, a ghost, the Ghostbusters or Mothman himself.


Surely you took a picture in front of the permanent, giant metal statue of the Mothman.


Then you must have stopped by to stock up on t-shirts, mugs, post cards, books, graphic novels, necklaces and wind-chimes (all Mothman-centric).


No?

Huh.

Was your Mothman alarm clock not working this morning?

3 comments:

Equis said...

So do you do Comic Con as well?

Spin the Moon said...

No, I haven't been able to make it to Comic Con yet. I've done some smaller cons but haven't made the big time yet. I'd really like to do Dragon Con as well.

How about you?

Equis said...

No cons for me as of yet. A few of us talk about it every year but never follow through. I'm really hoping for next year just have to knuckle down and do it.